From Nutrition and Health, The Borden Company: 1924; page 33.
Subject: GENERAL HYGIENE
* See Preceding Page
- Suggest the formation of a club.
- The club idea stimulates much interest.
- Suggested aim or purpose.
- The purpose of this club is to help children to become strong and well.
- Suggested motto.
- ``Health Means Preparedness.''
- Suggested names of club.
- ``Watch Us Gain Club.''
- ``Milkarpie Health Club.''
- Suggested Rules.
- Rules of the club.
Bathe frequently and wear clean clothes.
Brush the teeth at least once every day.
Sleep 10 hours with windows open.
Drink a pind of milk a day.
Eat vegetables, fruit and cereals every day.
Drink 4 to 6 glasses of water a day.
A bowel movement every day.
Exercise and play out of doors every day.
Meals should be regular.
Do not eat between meals.
Eat slowly and masticated your food well.
Eat a variety of foods.
- Eat vegetables, fruits, and cereals, each day.
- Drink at least 4 glasses of water and 2 glasses of milk each day.
- Talk about general health habits listed above.
- Have children decide on name of club and elect officers.
- Weigh children and show them how many pounds they have got to
gain to be up to weight.
- Explain about Health Records.*
- Give out tags.
Edited and converted to HTML by Dan Bornstein,